In an age of ever-evolving technology, it’s easier than ever for businesses to create their own marketing materials. But, if that’s the case, then why are so many turning away from the DIY approach and deciding to hire professional graphic designers?
Here are six reasons why you should hire a professional graphic designer and the surprising benefits it can bring to your business:
- It will save you time. Anyone who runs a business has more than enough on their plate, and everyone working in it has their own job to do. This means jobs that fall outside anyone’s official remit will keep dropping down the priority list – such as putting together that new promotional flyer. Ultimately it becomes a chore, and a time-consuming one at that – how long will it take you to figure out how to use the free design software on your computer properly? How much more productively could you have used that time on your real job? Hiring a graphic designer means the work will get done and the results can start working to make more money for your business.
- It will give you a unique brand. Standing out from your competitors is important, but if you’re trying to create your own visual identity, as a non-designer the chances are you’re using some fairly basic tools. Just how memorable will your business be if it’s based on the same stock images and clip-art as everyone else? Using a graphic design service means a much wider variety of professional tools and resources come into play and your marketing materials will be unique. If you stand out, people remember you – and are much more likely to choose you when they need your product or service.
- Your business image will be consistent. Every element of your marketing should match. Whether someone is looking at your website, brochure, social media profiles or e-newsletter, they should recognise your brand. Colours and typefaces should fit together. Professional designers know to keep an eye on the finer details and ensure this is the case; if you’re trying to do it yourself – or, worse, have several people working on different marketing tasks – then the chances of inconsistency are greater and you’ll look less professional.
- An objective eye brings new ideas. If you’re too close to something, and are used to things being a certain way, it’s more difficult to come up with something fresh that will breathe new life into your marketing. A good designer likes to make a difference with every project, and having one on board means you’ll end up with something far more eye-catching and appealing to your potential customers.
- You’ll take more pride in your appearance. How many times have you been handed a business card that is dull and unimaginative that you’ve shoved straight into a pocket without even reading it? Are you proud to hand over your own in return? Do you put off handing out your sales brochure because you’re aware it looks a bit old-fashioned or doesn’t reflect the image you want? If you have great marketing materials, you’ll want to draw attention to them. You’ll want to show them to people – to potential customers. Professional design can make you prouder to represent your business.
- You’ll be more effective at delivering your message. Online audiences don’t have much of an attention span, and images are absorbed far more quickly than a written paragraph; last year, the emoji was recognised as the fastest-growing language in the UK. If you’re going to stand out, you need impactful blog images, memorable infographics and shareable visuals – and the best way to get them is to engage a professional designer who knows what online audiences react to.
If your business needs design support on a regular basis you need to hire a graphic designer, And at Designs Unlimited we offer the perfect solution enabling you to call on our professional graphic designers as often as you like for a fixed monthly fee. Just get in touch if you’d like to discuss how we can help.To find out more click here or call us on: +44 (0) 1423 857900